Ingria et Carelia
c. 1743 - Ingria und Carelia - B/W copper plate engraving - 60x46 cm - left margin contemporarily added to fit into the Atlas Russicus. Text in Latin
One of a set of maps of the surroundings of new St. Petersburg/Lago Ladoga. This series appeared without any date and there are no traces of publication in documents of the Akademiya Nauk (Bagrow II, p 184). They were probably published by the end of 1743. It should be noted that the aforementioned series of maps were all repeated in a new edition by Seutter in Wien (Bagrow).